Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ouwa New Pishie Cwyde !!

     As excited as I was to start blogging and see what Ashley and Allison came up with, I find it harder than I thought to find time to do the actualy "blogging". LOL Anyways, for those of you that don't know "Lucy language", the title says "Our New Fish Clyde". The kids used to have a blue beta fish they names Blueberry. He actually lived for quite some time, but after an accidental OD on Tetra-Min he was found belly up one morning. The kids had been asking for one since, so today we ventured out to the pet store and picked one out! Golly Jeepers!!!! You would have thought we were deciding on what car to buy. Three kids and myself made a simple task of buying a fish last almost an hour!! I am serious..a WHOLE HOUR! Well, that included me having to go look for the kids and finding them looking at the rabbits or other various creepy little rodents. Ughhhhh... not my cup of tea. So, after picking out the perfect fish, and a little accessory (Sandy from Spongebob) we headed to check out. Of course there was a big discussion at the cash register bewtween the kids of wether or not their Chore $ was gonna be enough. The check out lady was in hysterics. Then, while I am trying to finish checking out I hear Lucy very loudly from a good distance away yell "Oh Dea....Oh Dea...Mommmmaaa da cat bite Hunnas pinga off"!! Luckily I was done and ready to leave. BTW, his "pinga" was not bitten off! LOL. So, we head home with the new fish and the great name debate started and went on very loudly from the mall area all the way to our driveway on Whitemarsh!! They settled on 10 names or so, then went down to 5, then to 3, and then asked a few people what they liked out of the top 3 and Clyde was the winner! Which, by the way was the name I threw into their list of ideas. They are so excited and I made sure to remind them not to feed Clyde without help.

"Clyde"


         Life as been about the same around here lately. Each week I try and pick something about myself I want to work on and try and really focus on it. It's amazing how when your eyes are open, God will let you see and experience just what you need to. It's not always what you want to experience, but what you need to in order to have the end result you want! It's amazing how my life today is so different than a year ago...even a week ago. For example,  some things that unfolded even just this past week that I have had to deal with..I would have reacted a whole different way a year ago or even sooner. I can't control what others do, say, feel and choices they make., but I can control how I react-don't react therefore being a positive example to my children whom are my TOP PRIORITY!  I am learning that I am a lot stronger than I ever wanted to admit, and one BIG concept I am always trying to work on is just saying "Thank You"...that I can accept and admit to myself that I "might" have done something worthy of being noted.  I want my kids to grow up and know that - We can't always control the waves, but we can learn to surf better.  I could ramble on and on, I  have good days and I have bad days. But definitly have a since of peace now that I haven't felt in awhile.
     I'll leave ya'll with this- On the way home the other night from my Aunt Dana's the windows are down, it's just about sunset or so, and Hunter asked me to play Cowgirls Don't Cry. So we are all jamming out and singing when I hear Hunter talking to Sarah Morgan. You know how kids talk way in the back of the car probably not thinking we are listening?? She asked him what and he said "Momma's a cowgirl-SM asked why, and he said because Momma never crys and she does everything for me, you and LuLu"!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your Blog! It is so beautifully designed and super-interesting! Yay!

    ReplyDelete